twitterface bookin

SC Congress London 2014 Sessions

Search the SC Congress London sessions below. Enter your search term in quotes if you require an exact match.

Search by Keyword  
Search by date-range  
9:00 AM - 9:40 AM
Session 1: Point of Sale, PCI, Data Theft and the Future of Credit/Debit Cards
Some of the latest victims of data theft widely publicized are rather large retailers and tied to POS systems. Europe seems to be a step...
Speaker(s)
Dave Whitelegg, senior information security & PCI consultant, Capita
James McKinlay, head of information security and PCIDSS subject matter expert, ATOS Worldline UK&I
Tim Holman, CEO / president, 2-sec / ISSA-UK
9:45 AM - 10:25 AM
Session 2: Never Forget the 80-20 Rule
As it applies to cyber security, 80% of threats can be thwarted by applying known best practices. As scary and newsworthy as the other 20%...
Speaker(s)
Derrick Bates, Trust Information Security Officer, North Cumbria University
Sarah Stephens, head of cyber and commercial E&O, EMEA, Aon
Mike Jolley, head, information security and risk, YBS Group
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Enterprise Immune Systems: The Probabilistic Approach to Cyber Defence
Enterprise Immune Systems: The Probabilistic Approach to Cyber Defence
In this new era of advanced threats, a fundamentally new approach to cyber defence is needed. Implementing an ‘immune system’ approach allows organisations to detect...
Speaker(s)
Andrew France OBE, CEO, Darktrace
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Mitigate the Risk of Shadow IT and Confidently Leverage the Cloud
Mitigate the Risk of Shadow IT and Confidently Leverage the Cloud
The number and variety of cloud services available to enterprises is growing at a staggering rate, and the adoption of cloud services by these enterprises...
Speaker(s)
Charlie Howe, director, EMEA, Skyhigh Networks
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Using Data Classification as Part of a Layered Security Approach
Using Data Classification as Part of a Layered Security Approach
The number of organisations looking to employ data classification best practices and solutions as part of their layered security approach is certainly on the up....
Speaker(s)
Richard Bailey, development director, Boldon James
11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Exhibit Hall Opens - Coffee Break
Exhibit Floor: Opens with Beverage/Coffee Break
12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
Keynote Lunch: Not So Smart Phones
Speaker(s)
Daniel Cuthbert, COO, SensePost
Glenn Wilkinson, security researcher, SensePost
1:20 PM - 2:10 PM
Session 3: EU New Data Protection
On the table is everything from requiring organisations to ask for permission from authorities before using personal information to the future trustworthiness of Safe Harbour...
Speaker(s)
Stewart Room, barrister and solicitor, director / president, The Cyber Security Challenge UK / National Association of Data Protection Officers
Hem Pant, head of information security, ING Commercial Bank
2:15 PM - 2:45 PM
Breached - It's When, Not If
Breached - It's When, Not If
Speaker(s)
Andrew Hollister, EMEA technical director, LogRhythm
2:15 PM - 2:45 PM
Track 2
Track 2
2:15 PM - 2:45 PM
Track 3
Track 3
2:45 PM - 3:35 PM
Exhibit Hall Break
Exhibit Floor with Coffee/Beverage Break
3:35 PM - 4:25 PM
Session 4: Is That Your Refrigerator Attacking My Website?
The Internet of Things (IoT) went from something to think about as security professionals to something very real several months ago as proof of concept...
Speaker(s)
Barry Coateworth, information security officer, New Look
Eddie Copeland, head, technology policy unit, Policy Exchange
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Keynote: Data breach response: Learning from others
The recent eBay data breach yet again has the security world (and media) among others worldwide, buzzing. Rather then being thankful that wasn't you -...
Speaker(s)
Andrew Rose, principal analyst, security & risk practice, Forrester Research
Jessica Barker, director, J L Barker Ltd.
Becky Pinkard, security operations director, Pearsons
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Exhibit Floor: Closing cocktails and Passport to Prizes at 5:45 pm
Join us for cocktails and Passport to Prizes